Thursday 9 June 2011

Baraha chetra

Our family use to go to Bahara chetra once a year either for Puja , lakh batti or shraddha. My old grandfather use to do shraddha there. I remember one incident. I was about 8 yrs old. Our family had travelled for shraddha. At that time there was not transportation facillity from Chattara to Baraha chetra and the distance is about 5 km. That time I walked by myself.Since I was 8,or 9 th grader I didnot visited the temple because I spent most of the time in Kathmandu. But this time I visited there along with my son, mother and brother. Next time I hope to visit there with my husband.



Main Temple


Saptakoshi



Worshipper first take shower in the river and walk up stairs and do Puja.



Stairs to the temple from the bank of Saptakoshi


View of the river from the Dharmashalla

The main temple. We cannot carry our cam in but from outside we can take the picture but I was not fortune because there were lots of people and my 16 months old wanted to take picture more than me. Every time he was grabbing the camera. Main Entrance to the temple.
The Koka river meets here with the koshi river. There is a belief that you can see a golden fish in the river if your are not a sinner .................

No comments: